GIS - 18 December 2014: The 9th edition of the Festival International Kreol 2014, an initiative of the Ministry of Tourism and External Communications, kicks off today at Clos St Louis, Domaine Les Pailles. The theme retained for this year is: Kreolite Egalite.
A series of activities are being organised on the occasion, namely:
· a ‘Dikte Kreol’ and a ‘Salon Kiliner’ at the Municipal City Council of Port Louis and Rue du Vieux Conseil;
· a Poetry Recital Night at La Citadelle;
· an activity for children, including fun games, jeux d’antan, mini concert, etc., followed by a ‘Sware Tipik’ at Le Morne Public Beach;
· a conference on the theme Kreolite dan modernite at the Grand Baie International Conference Centre; and
· an all-night mega concert animated by international, regional and local artists, from Saturday 20 to Sunday 21 December 2014 at Fort William, Les Salines.
A ‘Salon Kwizinn Kreol’ would also be held in the margins of the concert and on 19 December 2014, a concert “Sega lontan” by Gerard Louis and other sega singers will be held at the Municipality of Curepipe as from 18 00 hours.
Government Information Service, Prime Minister’s Office, Level 6, New Government Centre, Port Louis, Mauritius. Email: email@example.com Website:http://gis.govmu.org