GIS – 11 April, 2020: The anti-influenza vaccination exercise for the winter season 2020, an initiative of Ministry of Health and Wellness in collaboration with the Ministry of Social Integration, Social Security and National Solidarity, and the Mauritius Police Force, is underway across the country. The vaccination exercise, which started on 5 April 2020, is being effected from 8 30 hrs to 15 00 hrs, through health caravans, in various regions namely, Pamplemousses; Rivière du Rempart; Port Louis; Plaines Wilhems; Flacq; Black River; Savanne; Grand Port; and Moka. Vaccines are being provided to elderly persons aged 60 and above, children with disabilities attending specialised schools and inmates of charitable institutions and private licensed homes.
This initiative complements the other health, economic and social measures implemented by Government to combat the spread of Covid-19 in Mauritius and to relieve citizens in this period of confinement.
The remaining regions where the exercise will be carried out are:
· 13 April: Plaisance, Rose Hill
· 14 April: Pamplemousses
· 15 April: Nouvelle France
· 16 April: Pailles, Petite Rivière, Bambous, Rivière des Anguilles
· 17 April: Beau Bassin, Notre Dame, Montagne Longue, Goodlands, Flic en Flac, Plaine Magnien
· 18 April: Floreal, Eau Coulée, Chemin Grenier, Chamouny
· 20 April: La Source, Boundary, and La Louise in Quatre Bornes
Government Information Service, Prime Minister’s Office, Level 6, New Government Centre, Port Louis, Mauritius. Email: email@example.com Website: http://gis.govmu.org Mobile App: Search Gov