Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Home>News>HRDC Launches the Sponsored Pre-Job Training Programme

News

Average Rating

Related News

HRDC Launches the Sponsored Pre-Job Training Programme

Date: July 13, 2012
Domain:Employment/Labour
Persona: Citizen; Government
 

GIS - July 13, 2012: The Human Resource Development Council (HRDC) launched the Sponsored Pre-job Training Programme at a press conference held on 12 July 2012 at NG Tower, Ebène. The Pre-job programme extends job-specific training to unemployed people aged between 16-30 years with a view to preparing them for employment in sectors such as construction, hotel and tourism and ICT.
 
The launching ceremony was made in the presence of representatives from the Ministry of Education and Human Resources, the Mauritius Employers’ Federation, the Building and Civil Engineering Contractors Association, the Outsourcing and Telecommunications Association of Mauritius, and the Association of Hoteliers and Restaurants in Mauritius.
 
In the first instance, the programme will target some 500 unemployed young people, following the decision outlined by the Government in the Budget Speech 2012 with regard to training of the unemployed youth in Mauritius by organising relevant and practical pre-job training . Under the Sponsored Pre-job Training Programme, employers will identify unemployed youth for training and employment. The duration of the training will be up to 6 months, following which the trainee will get a one year term of employment.
 
The HRDC will meet 60% of the expense of training and the remaining 40% will be borne by the prospective employer. In addition, a stipend of Rs 6 000 per month will be paid to each trainee during the training period and the HRDC will provide a 50% refund on the stipend. In a bid to ensure that the training programme is of acceptable standards, the Mauritius Qualifications Authority will be responsible for the approval of the training programmes/ non award courses.
 
Government Information Service, Prime Minister’s Office, Level 6, New Government Centre, Port Louis, Mauritius. Email: infserv@intnet.mu Website:Government Information Service
(0) Comment(s)