GIS – 25 November, 2015: The fourth edition of Infotech Rodrigues, aiming at creating greater awareness on emerging technologies and bringing ICT closer to the Rodriguan citizens, will open on 28 November 2015 at Mont Lubin College.
Organised by the National Computer Board (NCB) in collaboration with the Rodrigues Regional Assembly, the two-day event is expected to attract some 11,000 visitors. Entrance is free.
The objectives are to:
• Increase awareness in Rodrigues on emerging technologies;
• Sensitise on the potential applications of ICT;
• Sensitise on career opportunities in the ICT sector;
• Promote and encourage ICT literacy; and
• Bring Government services closer to the people by providing accessible and integrated online public services.
Infotech Rodrigues 2015 will bring together 13 exhibitors who will showcase their technology and ICT products and services. Infotech Rodrigues will include the following components:
• ICT Exhibition (ICT companies, including ISPs, operating in Mauritius and Rodrigues will be displaying their products and services);
• Innovation Space (NCB Innovation Lab, EON/MT Virtual Reality, 3D cinema)
• Promotion of ICT: ICT Literacy - IC3 and UIEP Phase II, as well as training and work placement for the ICT/BPO sector);
• Awareness of Cyber Security and Online safety.
Government Information Service, Prime Minister’s Office, Level 6, New Government Centre, Port Louis, Mauritius. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website:http://gis.govmu.org