GIS – 28 November, 2016: The 2016 edition of Infotech, a major annual event on the information and communication technology calendar of the National Computer Board, will kick-start on Thursday 1st December 2016 at the Swami Vivekananda International Convention Centre, in Pailles.
The four-day event, which is in its 23rd edition, has as objectives to create awareness on emerging technologies; bridge the digital divide; and provide a platform for local ICT operators to develop business opportunities with potential technology partners and customers.
Infotech 2016 will bring together 69 exhibitors who will showcase their technology and ICT products and services. It will also include a Delivery Zone. The 62 stands booked are expected to attract over 100,000 visitors. Entrance is free of charge.
Infotech 2016 will include the following components:
- ICT Exhibition – (30 exhibitors)
- Youth Forum under the theme Harnessing the Digital Evolution
- Innovation Space (23 exhibitors)
- ICT Job Fair (6 exhibitors)
- 3D and Robotics Induction Corner (10 exhibitors)
- Open Source Space
- Cyber Caravan
- Gaming Zone
- E-Government Services
The Exhibition will be open to the public as follows:
- Thursday 1st December 2016: 10:00 to 19:00
- Friday 2nd December 2016: 10:00 to 19:00
- Saturday 3rd December 2016: 10:00 to 20:00
- Sunday 4th December 2016: 10:00 to 19:00
Free bus shuttles will be available to the public from Victoria & Immigration stations (Port Louis) and Place Margeot (Rose Hill) during the four-day exhibition.
Government Information Service, Prime Minister’s Office, Level 6, New Government Centre, Port Louis, Mauritius. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://gis.govmu.org