GIS - 4 December 2014: A one-stop-shop counter which will act as a single window for the Treasury to deliver customer services in a more effective manner is operational since this morning on the ground floor of the Rabadia Building in Port Louis.
The setting up of the counter at the Treasury, which operates under the aegis of the Ministry of Finance and Economic Development, is in line with the strategy of the Ministry of Civil Service and Administrative Reforms to improve Counter/Customer services for a better and rapid service delivery towards its customers.
The Customer Service Unit which will be operational from 09 00 hrs to 16 00 hrs during working days, will facilitate the transactions for public officers regarding public service benefits schemes. The Unit will also act as a Help Desk and will strive to help Treasury customers with information and to deal with issues related to the following benefits, namely; Civil Servant Pensions, Passage Benefits and Car / Motorcycle Loan.
The aim is to dispense customers, especially aged pensioners, of the need to proceed to upper floors for their transactions. Moreover, other benefits of the counter are: the provision of better customer care leading to greater customer satisfaction; increase in flexibility in attending to customers’ queries; the ability to focus on Public Service Benefits only; greater mobility of staff; multi-skills approach; and meeting customers’ expectations.
The services to be provided at the counter are the following:
Civil Servant Pensions
· Issue of pensioners’ pay slip
· Deal with formalities for new pensioner
· Deal with formalities for dead pensioners (only submission of relevant documents)
· Obtain signature on Pensioners Register
· Acknowledge receipt of Life Certificates from pensioners at counter
· Acknowledge receipt of Pensioners EDF
· Acknowledge receipt of applications for passage benefits
· Issue booking confirmation letter to travel agents
· Acknowledge receipt of copy of air tickets
· Give information to customers regarding status of their application and payment of their passage benefits
· Acknowledge receipt of invoices from Travel Agents
· Acknowledge receipt of applications for car/motorcycle loan
· Provide information to customers regarding car / Motorcycle loan
· Acknowledge receipt of documents from customers before and after purchase of Motor vehicles (as per request).
· Obtain signature of purchaser on loan Agreement
· Handle queries and issues relating to the above; and
· Deal with complaints.
Government Information Service, Prime Minister’s Office, Level 6, New Government Centre, Port Louis, Mauritius. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website:http://gis.govmu.org